The AAPI Civic Engagement Fund supports sixteen AAPI groups in eleven states across the country. Our grantees are building a track record of executing impactful, year-round non-partisan voter engagement activities. They boast deep membership and community bases, robust youth engagement components, and a commitment to building strategic alliances with diverse constituencies and communities.
In 2016, together our grantees will increase AAPI civic participation by:
- Registering 66,000 new AAPI voters on the ground and participate in an effort with the Voter Participation Center to register another 40,000 to 56,000 through a mail based voter registration program.
- Directly contacting, educating and persuading 173,000 voters through doors, phones, and forums.
- Outreaching to 497,000 voters through mail, voter guides, robo calls, and other Election Day activities.
- Mobilizing 36,000 people to speak out on the issues they care about — from immigration reform and quality health care to climate change and economic justice through letters, phone calls, legislative visits, and actions.
To learn more about our grantees, their work and how you can support them, visit their websites:
- Chinese Progressive Association (California)
- Filipino Advocates for Justice (California)
- Hmong American Partnership (Minnesota)
- Korean American Resource and Cultural Center (Illinois)
- Korean Resource Center (California)
- MinKwon Center for Community Action (New York)
- New Virginia Majority Education Fund (Virginia)
Updated on 2016-04-26T09:53:35+00:00, by .