Title: Program Associate (Salaried)
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $55,000 – $65,000, contingent on experience
Start Date: July 2021
Location: Remote/Los Angeles (preferred)
The AAPI Civic Engagement Fund is a national initiative founded in 2014 with the belief that Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders (AAPI) must be an integral part of strengthening America’s democracy, improving the quality of life for all, and creating vibrant multiracial communities. To this end, we foster a culture of civic participation within AAPI communities by supporting the growth of AAPI groups as organizational movement and power building leaders who achieve specific policy, systems, and transformational change.
The Program Associate is a new full-time exempt position whose main responsibility will be to support the programmatic and development needs of the AAPI Civic Engagement Fund as the organization continues to grow. The Program Associate will perform administrative duties, including scheduling, event planning, following up on requests for action, data management, creating communications and carrying out other functions necessary to ensure successful implementation of the Fund’s programs. The position will work closely with and provide support to the Fund’s Director and other senior staff and will report to the Director.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Operations & Administration (50%)
1. Provide administrative support to the Director. This may include scheduling, invoicing, booking travel, conference registrations and meeting logistics.
2. Provide organizational support including but limited to coordinating team meetings, vendor management, software and hardware tracking, and contract filing which includes coordination with the Fund’s fiscal sponsor.
3. Provide backup logistical and technical support for the Fund’s steering committee meetings.
4. Support regular team meetings by preparing agendas and materials, facilitating and/or note taking, and maintaining the organization’s calendar.
5. Draft and/or edit correspondences, such as memos, letters, and presentations.
6. Research database systems for managing contacts and other software platforms for consideration to maintain relationships, communications and ensure organizational efficiency and effectiveness.
7. Provide other administrative and logistics-related support as needed.
Programming Support (25%)
1. Join and document program meetings, summarizing key takeaways and follow up steps to ensure work progresses.
2. Coordinate grantee participation on program-related requests and events.
3. Support senior staff in planning and scheduling periodic events and meetings for the Fund’s special grants projects, including contacting donors and grantees mainly through email.
4. Support the maintenance and development of the Movement Hub as appropriate. (see https://aapifund.org/program/movement-building/)
Communications & Development Support (25%)
1. Manage donor database and support development needs related to donor communications.
2. Develop appropriate communications between Fund staff, consultants, grantees, and partners, including the production of regular eblasts and other external communications.
3. Maintain the Fund’s website by conducting basic updates using WordPress and maintain and update social media accounts, with content direction from the Fund team.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, but also in team settings with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Is reliable, pays close attention to detail, and is well organized.
- Excellent written, oral, and verbal communications skills with special attention given to the audiences addressed.
- Provide a wide variety of word processing, Excel, and database writing, including in emails, letters, memos, and reports.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Dropbox, Zoom, WordPress, Google Docs, Google Spreadsheets, Google Presentations, and social media.
- Able to navigate database systems and relationship management systems.
- Ability to prioritize a large and varied workload, managing multiple tasks and details simultaneously.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and problem-solving skills. Ability to show initiative, and willingness to learn and take on responsibilities as a contributing team member, proactively identifying or initiating ways to enhance a process, procedure or outcome that benefits the organization.
- A minimum of 1-3 years of full-time equivalent experience in a similar position.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Ability to work remotely during COVID pandemic. After the pandemic emergency has lifted, work will likely include a hybrid of primarily remote work with some local travel to an office in Los Angeles.
- Standard work hours Monday-Friday, 9a-5p PT.
- Ability to communicate via phone and to work at a computer for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work at a computer workstation in an ergonomically correct environment.
- Light lifting of materials and equipment in the typical work environment.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends when needed.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
The salary range for this position is $55,000 – $65,000 depending on skills and experience. As a fiscally sponsored project of NEO Philanthropy, the AAPI Civic Engagement Fund can offer through NEO a generous benefits package to all full-time regular employees, including 100% medical coverage for the employee and 90% medical coverage for dependents and 100% coverage for vision, dental, life/AD&D, and long-term disability. NEO also offers a 401K retirement savings plan, Healthcare Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA), Medical FSA, Dependent Care FSA, commuter benefits, Employee Assistance Program, other supplemental benefits, and paid time off.
- Please send a cover letter, resume, and list of 3 professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Program Associate” in the subject line. No calls please.
- The position will remain open until filled. Interviews will start early June.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
The AAPI Civic Engagement Fund and NEO Philanthropy are equal opportunity employers. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Committed to economic, racial, and social justice, we aim to attract, develop, and retain exceptional people, and to create a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and that enables each of us to realize our potential. Women, people of color, LGBTQIA+ people, and members of other historically disenfranchised populations are strongly encouraged to apply.
Only those whose applications are being considered will be contacted.